Walking Tour More Information:
There is no better way to see a city than on foot with local guides who not only tell about the city's past, but give you a real feel of what it is like to live there and give you honest recommendations about places to visit, eat and drink. Our walking tours are by local guides, who love Edinburgh, are passionate about their city and we guarantee to give you an experience you'll love.
This private tour is perfect for people who want to orient themselves in Edinburgh quickly and really get under it's skin, whether it's couples, families and friends or groups of colleagues.
£120 + booking fee for first two people.
£160 + booking fee for 4 people.
£15pp thereafter (i.e, 6 people would be £190, 7 people £205 etc)
2.5 hour sample tour of Edinburgh Old Town (described as "must know Edinburgh info" by our clients)
* See the best of the Royal Mile, visit Closes full of stories and great views.
* See St Giles Cathedral.
* Find out if you could be accused of being a witch or not?
* Learn about the key characters in religion and the royal family who shaped Scotland.
* Explore narrow alleyways and get off the beaten track.
* See the City Chambers area.
* For any Harry Potter fans, see the places that inspired J.K Rowling and even the building that inspired Hogwarts.
* Walk along gorgeous Victoria Street for one of the best Old Town views.
* Find out about the real life character who inspired Jekyll and Hyde.
* See Greyfriars Bobby and visit Greyfriars Kirk.
* Find some of the greatest works of horror fiction ever came from a graveyard in Edinburgh.
* See the place where Charles Darwin studied.
* Find out about all the things in the world that originate from Edinburgh.
2.5 hour sample tour of Edinburgh New Town (Described as "how the people of Edinburgh live" by our clients):
* Leave the crowds behind and explore real local areas.
* Pass the new face of the New Town into the areas that have not changed.
* Pass the house of Robert Louis Stevenson.
* Walk along the hidden streets of Stockbridge that give views you won't believe.
* Stop for a coffee or beer in real local venues.
* Visit stunning Dean Village, the highlight of the tour for all those who join this tour.
* Walk through princes Street gardens and admire the castle from below and find out about the statues in the park.
Full day Old and New Town tour (a combination of the above two).
£220 + booking fee for first two people.
£260 + booking fee for 4 people.
£30pp thereafter (i.e, 6 people would be £320, 7 people £350 etc)
* Old Town tours start from the main entrance of St Giles Cathedral (High St, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH1 1RE) or from your hotel/restaurant if you are near the top of the Royal Mile/Grassmarket area.
* If you are doing a New Town Tour only tour we will arrange a start point to suit where you are staying or a famous landmark.
* Even with a bit of rain, there are plenty of places to duck into on tour to help keep us dry.
* If for any reason the weather is extreme and the tour can't go ahead (a very rare occurrence) we will contact you to either rearrange a time or give you a refund.
* We can stop for a coffee stop/bathroom break half way through or whenever you need.
* Please wear a good sturdy pair of shoes, we will be on foot, going up Edinburgh's
* Please bring a bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated (not that it ever gets "that hot" but you might get thirsty)
* Please wear suitable clothing, even in summer we can get a cool breeze and sometimes it rains. (check the weather before the tour)
* Bring a little bit extra money if we stop for a food/refreshments.
*For full day tours we can recommend someone local for your lunch and will be happy to drop you there and ick you up when you are finished.