Terms and Conditions
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in each tour/workshop description is the minimum required for booking any booking to go ahead.
2. The balance of the workshop price is due on the tour/workshop date, must be paid by paypal/bank transfer prior to commencemet or on the day in cash prior to your booking commencing. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit and you will be asked to leave the workshop.
3. a. Any cancellation by the client on any walking tour or photography tour/workshop must be made in writing (through email or text message) no less than 48 hours before the workshop/tour date and time and a refund minus the charge of the deposit amount will be refunded for tours in Edinburgh only.
3. b. Cancellation within 48 hours of any tour/workshop commencing will be treated as the tour being fulfilled and no refunds will be given unless the circumstances in 3. d are fulfilled.
3. c. For driving tours where vehicle hire and accomodation is required we require 28 days notice of cancellation and any refunds will be given minus those expenses occured by Iconic Tours when hiring vehicles/accommodation.
3. d. For cancellation of tours due to extreme weather an alternative date/time will be offered. The tour guide or manager in charge for the day will contact if they deem the weather does not permit the tour to go ahead. The guide/manager will try to contact you by phone/email address provided if any changes need to occur due to weather. Note that tours/workshops can and do go ahead in wet/snowy weather as there are options for carrying out our services whilst being sheltered indoors or outside with appropriate clothing/umbrellas.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking in writing, and it is at this time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
5. Iconic Tours reserves the right to alter or cancel any workshop/tour. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop/tour (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Iconic Tours including deposit price. In addition, in the case of cancellation and where cancellation is not due to underbooking or force majeure as defined below
6. Underbooking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met, and if we have to cancel a tour/workshop for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days prior to date booked. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
7. In the event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour leader/tutor will be provided. If this is not possible, then the workshop/tour will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
8. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in this at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
9. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure date. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
10. The type of tours we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and workshop/tour description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the tour/workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
12. Iconic Tours does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
13. Iconic Tours accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to Scottish law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the Scottish courts.
14. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the holiday.
15. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop/tour (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop/tour (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas workshop/tours), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
16. In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or if this is impossible, we will provide you with transport back to the point of departure from your holiday destination, and a pro rata refund for the cost of the remainder of your holiday.
17. By paying the deposit, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who paying the deposit agrees to the acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.