Walking Tour More Information:
There is no better way to see a city than on foot with local guides who not only tell about the city's past, but give you a real feel of what it is like to live there and give you honest recommendations about places to visit, eat and drink. Our walking tours are by local guides, who love Edinburgh, are passionate about their city and we guarantee to give you an experience you'll love.
This private tour is perfect for people who want to find out all the Pop Culture linked to Edinburgh and love fun and quirky stories.
£95 + booking fee for first two people.
£120 + booking fee for 4 people.
£15pp thereafter (i.e, 6 people would be £150, 7 people £165 etc)
Tour lasts approx 2- 2.5 hours.
* Find out about Edinburgh's influence on the most read book of all time.
* Find out about the links from Game of Thrones to real Scottish history.
* See some of the places where Avengers Infinity war was shot and find out some quirky stories about when filming was going on.
* See lots and lots of places that inspired J.K Rowling, even find out about the real life people that inspired characters in the books.
* Get Outlander info, see filming spots and find out about the Jacobites.
* Find out about the real life character wh0 inspired Jekyll and Hyde.
* Walk along the street that inspired Diagon Alley.
* See where the harry Potter books were started (not the place with the big signs saying 'this is where it started " that the tourists believe) and see where the books were finished.
* Tours start from the main entrance of St Giles Cathedral (High St, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH1 1RE) or from your hotel/restaurant if you are near the top of the Royal Mile/Grassmarket area.
* Even with a bit of rain, there are plenty of places to duck into on tour to help keep us dry.
* If for any reason the weather is extreme and the tour can't go ahead (a very rare occurrence) we will contact you to either rearrange a time or give you a refund.
* We can stop for a coffee stop/bathroom break half way through or whenever you need.
* Please wear a good sturdy pair of shoes, we will be on foot, going up Edinburgh's
* Please bring a bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated (not that it ever gets "that hot" but you might get thirsty)
* Please wear suitable clothing, even in summer we can get a cool breeze and sometimes it rains. (check the weather before the tour)
* Bring a little bit extra money if we stop for a food/refreshments.