Tour Costs: Tours start from £440 for a day trip for 1-3 people and £480 a day for 4-8 people. Additional costs are incurred for overnight stays for the guide where we require an additional £85 per day.
Tour uses a Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Black edition or Mercedes Benz Vito LWB Tourer.
If you are after a specific tour we do not offer do get in touch and we will see what we can do. We have taken people to their ancestral homes, taken some on tours of the locations for the Jacobite risings, we've even helped several people out with the perfect spot to propose. Whatever the request, let us know and we will sort it out.
For multi day tours we don't have a standard offering as everyone wants something different.
Sample 4 day tour:
* Depart Edinburgh around 9.00am
* Stop for a photo of Stirling castle (or of you would like to visit inside we could arrange that).
* Opportunity to visit Deanston whisky distillery.
*Brief stop in Callander, the gateway town to the Highlands.
* Get off the main roads to visit the grave of Rob Roy and walk through a forest for a stunning view along the Glen to Loch Voil from an old clan gathering point.
* Stop for lunch in a nice local spot.
See some Highland cows in their natural setting.
* Drive to Glencoe stopping for some photos on the way as the scenery there is amazing and explore a bit, hopefully see some wildlife and get down to see a bit of Glen Etive.
* Stay the night in Glencoe or Fort William
*Eat breakfast and head to Glenfinnan for the passing of the Jacobite steam train (made famous in the hard Potter movies) if it is running that day and see the Jacobite rising monument.
*Stop for lunch.
* From Glenfinnan, head to Eilan Donan Castle (option to visit inside).
* Cross Skye bridge and arrive in Skye and explore a little. See Fairy Pools for example.
* Stay in Portree or Kyle of Lochalsh.
* Explore Skye after breakfast, options include:
* See the Old Man of Storr.
* Visit the Fairy Glen (can be crowded in August) which is a bit like a miniature mountain range and loch hence the name, it is small enough for the fairies.
* Drive the Quairang (gives good views of the Old Man of Storr without having to walk to it.
* Drive across the Island and see the Cuillin Mountain range.
* Leave Skye and drive to do brief stop at Loch Ness.
* Leave Skye and aim to stay in the vicinity Inverness for the evening.
* Visit Culloden battlefielf first thing and then the nearby 4000 year old burial ground, Clava Cairns.
* Stop at Dalwhinnie distillery for a tour or go to House of Bruar for shopping and have late lunch nearby there.
* Drive towards Queens view or walk along the river through the Hermitage forest area.
* Return to Edinburgh for approx 5-6pm.
DRIVING TOUR MORE INFORMATION:
None of our tours have a fixed route, it's more about giving you a real experience by going to good local spots and avoiding touristy places as much as possible. The information below is what we generally do on each driving tour but we can always talk about things in advance to include extras you may already want to do and often on the day when we get to know each other we can suggest other stops you might like.
General driving tour info:
PRICE INCLUDES: guiding fee, fuel, insurance.
PRICE DOESN'T INCLUDE: Entrance to any castles, historic buildings, distilleries or food/drink you buy.
TOILET STOPS: As and when you need them.
MOTION SICKNESS: if you suffer from this please bring medication and make us aware so you can sit up front.
CLOTHING: It's Scotland, expect some rain and please dress appropriately. If you want to do some walking please have good shoes/boots with you. As us if you have any questions about what you need for your specific tour.
PICK UP AND DROP OFF INFO: All prices are based on pick up and drop off in Edinburgh. We can pick up or drop off elsewhere, if this is the case and extra fee will be levied dependent on where we are required to do so.
ACCOMMODATION ON OVERNIGHT TOURS: We don't do deals with any places, so we give honest opinions and are happy to recommend places based on your budget and what kind of place you want to stay. Most people stay in BnBs or hotels, but some stay in luxury castles, whatever you are after we will happily make suggestions.
WEATHER: In the unlikely event of extreme weather making your chosen tour dangerous, we will offer an alternative tour for that day if suitable, offering your chosen tour on another day if suitable, or a full refund if none of the alternatives work out.
Please read our terms and condition at the bottom of this website.