Outlander Driving Tour More info:
* Pick up at your hotel/BnB/Ship at 9am (or earlier if it suits).
* Time permitting, see where the "A. Malcolm" print work scenes are filmed.
* Drive approx 50 mins to Falkland where all the scenes for Inverness are filmed. Stroll the quaint streets where the series keeps coming back to film and have coffee in a shop that features in the show if you like.
* Drive to Culross approx 50 mins away where the scenes for Cranesmuir are filmed in series 1 and 4. This is the best preserved 17th century village in all of Scotland. See where the scenes Geillis Duncan's house is filmed. See where the boy gets nailed by the ear to the pillory. See where Claire treats the sick boy that leads to her being accused of witchcraft. Please note, there re some old cobbles here so let us know if you feel you cannot walk over them.
* Have some lunch.
* Drive to Doune Castle, aka castle Leoch where the Mackenzies live.
* Time permitting, see Blackness castle where the scenes for Fort William are filmed.
* Visit Midhope castle, aka Lallybroch. Please note, there is a fee for parking here that needs to be covered. Currently it's about £10 for 4 people and £20 for up to 7, although it seems to vary. We can walk up to the Castle and you can see outside, but there is not entry inside for safety reasons.
* Return to your hotel/ship for approx 5pm.
TOUR COST: Tour cost £360 for 1-3 people and £410 for up to 7 people in total.
General driving tour info:
PRICE INCLUDES: guiding fee, fuel, insurance.
PRICE DOESN'T INCLUDE: Entrance to any castles, historic buildings or food/drink you buy.
TOILET STOPS: As and when you need them.
MOTION SICKNESS: if you suffer from this please bring medication and make us aware so you can sit up front.
CLOTHING: It's Scotland, expect some rain and please dress appropriately. If you want to do some walking please have good shoes/boots with you. Ask us if you have any questions regarding this tour.
PICK UP AND DROP OFF INFO: All prices are based on pick up and drop off in Edinburgh. We can pick up or drop off elsewhere, if this is the case and extra fee will be levied dependent on where we are required to do so.
WEATHER: In the unlikely event of extreme weather making your chosen tour dangerous, we will offer an alternative tour for that day if suitable, offering your chosen tour on another day if suitable, or a full refund if none of the alternatives work out.